Celestial Youth Retreat (CYR) is a 4 day retreat held at the Rising Star Sports Ranch in Mesquite, Nevada for LDS teenagers ages 14-18. Teenagers from across the country come to draw closer to Christ and create lifelong friendships while they engage in enriching group activities, enlightening guest speakers, and entertaining events.
The youth will enjoy a wide variety of activities, sports, team building, leadership developing activities, group bonding, fun and of course the opportunity to become closer to their Savior.
Registration is open until the session has reached the maximum number of participants or until the registration deadline.
Overview of the CYR Week
- Check-in begins at 3:00pm you will meet your Counselor and your family. You will have time to get to know each other in your family and will get an overview of what will happen during your CYR stay and the expectations.
- Meet your Community – A community is made up of different family groups and their counselors. You will get to know the youth in your community and together will create a name, slogan, mission statement and set goals.
- Kick-off – The CYR participants and all staff will meet together to get the week started off right.
- Dinner – Together we will enjoy a wonderful dinner catered by the Rising Star Sports Ranch.
- Family Night – Each family will get together for an awesome family night filled with games, activities, spiritual discussion, and of course a family night treat.
- Morning Devotional – Each family with have time for scripture study and discussion to help get their day going. This devotional allows each youth to participate with spiritual thoughts and scripture study.
- Breakfast – Enjoy a quality catered breakfast
- Family and/or Community Learning – Youth will have the opportunity to study the gospel and learn from a variety of speakers and Leaders to help youth fill and recognize the spirit while gaining a deeper love and understanding of the gospel.
- Personal Time – A time for the youth to reflect, pray, study and write in their journal.
- Lunch – Enjoy lunch together with your new friends.
- Free Time – Youth have time to enjoy the many amenities at the Rising Star Sports Ranch and at Mesquite Recreation Center. They can enjoy a wide variety of sports and games. Swimming or the water slide at the recreation center located across the street. Enjoy time with friends talking, playing games, or relaxing in the sweet Mesquite sun.
- Family/Community Time – Each youth will enjoy a variety of activities together. They will prepare for the talent show and other activities coming up during their stay.
- Dinner – Dinner is a time to enjoy awesome food and visit with friends.
- Fireside – Youth have the opportunity to meet with a featured speaker that will lead gospel related discussions.
- Other Activities – Dance, Ice Cream Party, Talent Show.
Full payment is required at the time of registration. The total payment will be charged to your credit card. Your registration is not complete until your card is charged and registration is received.
You can withdraw from a CYR session for any reason as long as it is by the closing date of the session (about 30 days prior to your session start date) and receive a refund, minus a nonrefundable $25 withdrawal fee. After the closing date you will not be able to withdraw or receive a refund. CYR must pay for rooms, food, counselors, accommodations, spirit packs, etc. about 30 days before each session starts. For this reason there will be no refunds after the session closing date.
If you need help registering or have any questions you can call or email the CYR Staff.
Office Phone 702-346-6370
Please leave a message if calling after hours and a staff member will call you back.
Celestial Youth Retreat
1350 Manchester Ln
Mesquite, NV 89027